Unite4CRT "Conversations" is a place to share Our Stories. What's your story?
UNITE4CRT is a small group with an Extra Loud Voice.
We want the community to appreciate that complex rehab technology (CRT) is equipment that is medically necessary and individually configured. It can be manual wheelchairs, power wheelchair systems, adaptive seating systems, alternative positioning systems, and other mobility devices that require evaluation, fitting, configuration, adjustment, or programming.
We want insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, and the general population to understand that our equipment is customized for the individual user and must be funded.
Our equipment is essential for independence and opportunities for a happy, healthy life.
Essential. Vital. Not Optional.OUR BELIEFS
We believe that Mobility is a Human Right
We believe Mobility isIndependence
We believe a customized wheelchair seating system is Essential.
We believe we can influence policy change with OUR VOICE. OUR STORIES.
As CRT Users, Suppliers, Clinicians, Manufacturers, Caregivers, Family, and Friends UNITE in monthly Conversations, we share stories and provide education in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Mark your calendar for the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7 pm ET. We hope to see you then!
- June 28, 2022On the move: an introduction to movement, adaptive sports, and recreational activities with Special Guest Christoper Collin
- July 26, 2022 The National APSE(Asssociation of People Supporting Employment First) Conference Highlights with Codi Mendenhall and Jen Mendenhall
- August 30, 2022Caregiving Happens - Ready or Not with Special Guest Nadine Cornish
- September 27, 2022Understanding the ADA: What Would You Do? with Special Guest Kelly Narowski
- October 25, 2022The Better Connect Academy (Begins at 8 pm ET)
- November 15, 2022Dating and Intimacy
- December 13, 2022Smart Homes: How to Make Technology Work for You!
“Being a part of #Unite4CRT has given me the opportunity to educate myself and others about Complex Rehab Technology. My daughter Codi uses a power wheelchair which gives her freedom and independence. It’s imperative we advocate and educate anyone who will listen about the necessity of CRT. I so appreciate the knowledge and enthusiasm of #Unite4CRT members!”
“Advocating for access to complex rehab technology has become a very important part of my life. The work that I do not only benefits myself, but others in similar situations and others that might not know they will need to utilize that type of equipment sometime in their lives.”
“I believe that if you don’t voice your opinion then no one knows of the problem. Being a part of this group allows me to fight for the things that I think will help not only myself but my fellow wheelchair users. I have talked with people that have been the voice in the past and I have heard what effect that has had over the years. I can only aspire to do the same. I hope I can lead others to follow also, because together we can improve the lives of many.”