We realize the importance of ensuring that the voice of wheelchair users is heard. As a result, NRRTS supports a coalition of wheelchair users, #Unite4CRT, in a joint endeavor to bridge the gap between the perception and the reality of living with a disability. As CRT Users, suppliers, manufacturers, clinicians, caregivers, family, and friends UNITE in monthly Conversations, we share stories and provide education in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Through open discussion, we create better awareness of the needs we face daily. We come together each month to discuss strategies as we continue to work to ensure appropriate access to Complex Rehab Technology.
Join us as we bridge the gap between the perception and the reality of living with a disability.
As CRT Users, we UNITE with suppliers, manufacturers, clinicians, caregivers, family, and friends in monthly Virtual Town Hall meetings to share our stories in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Let’s make a difference!
Jenny Siegle has been awarded the 2020 NRRTS Consumer Advocate of the Year Award. Jenny has been an enthusiastic CRT advocate for over 10 years, fighting diligently for every bill that has been introduced in Washington D.C.
Jenny helped to form the coalition, #Unite4CRT, and has been a driving force in planning the monthly town hall meeting topics and discussions. As the host for these meetings, Jenny initiates and encourages discussion for a diverse audience. She embodies the group’s mission, “to provide an outlet for CRT Users to share unique stories and educate through personal experience”.
- Tuesday, July 20th at 7 pm ETMake Yourself Heard: Advocating for yourself and others.
- Tuesday, August 24th at 7 pm ET Authentic Inclusion with Frances Donovan
- Tuesday, September 21st at 7 pm ETCBD - What we know and what we want to know
- October 19th at 7 pm ESTCome Roll with Me! Special Guest Cathy Carver
- November 16th at 7 pm ESTMaking a List - Checking it Twice! Smart Home Devices
- December 14th at 7 pm ESTUnite4CRT Christmas Special
- January 202210 Things You Should Know About Your Supplier
- February 2022Believe it or Not! Issues with CRT Equipment
- March 2022Tips for Daily Living
- April 2022Making your Hobby Work for You!
“You ask my why I advocate? I advocate because I have seen the difference CRT equipment makes in my life compared to lesser quality equipment. My wheelchair is specially configured for me and as a result, I live independently.”
“Advocating for access to complex rehab technology has become a very important part of my life. The work that I do not only benefits myself, but others in similar situations and others that might not know they will need to utilize that type of equipment sometime in their lives.”
“If we don’t fight for our rights to CRT, nobody else will. In addition, it’s up to us to explain CRT to the able-bodied population. If our bills are to have success in the house and senate, we’ll need everybody’s support.”