This page has been updated to provide resources for you during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
If you have questions and don’t find the answer here, please contact Weesie Walker at email@example.com We will try to find the answer for you!
Weekly meetings on Thursday at 4 pm EST provide updates to the CRT community. Sponsored by NRRTS, NCART, US Rehab, and Clinician Task Force.
Video Library from previous COVID-19 CRT Updates
Documents to download
Links to important updates from CMS
At President Trump’s direction, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has temporarily suspended a number of rules so that hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities can boost their frontline medical staffs as they fight to save lives during the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
These changes affect doctors, nurses, and other clinicians nationwide, and focus on reducing supervision and certification requirements so that practitioners can be hired quickly and perform work to the fullest extent of their licenses. The new waivers sharply expand the workforce flexibilities CMS announced on March 30.
For a fact sheet detailing additional information on the waivers just announced and previously, go to: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/summary-covid-19-emergency-declaration-waivers.pdf.
Consumer-Led Meetings and Information
In this video, Madonna, Karen, Jenny Siegle, and other wheelchair users weigh in and provide tips for staying healthy and safe during the pandemic
Weekly Virtual Happy Hour includes wheelchair users, suppliers, clinicians, and industry leaders. Contact us for more information!
NRRTS Resources for Clinicians and Suppliers (these resources do not apply to the current COVID-19 crisis)
RESNA Position Papers
The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) has published a series of Position Papers which presents evidence, the consensus of experts, and summarizes current research and best practice trends. The purpose of the Position Papers is for Evidence-based documentation.
- The Application of Tilt, Recline and Elevating Legrests for Wheelchairs – Revised Version
- The Application of Wheelchair Standing Devices
- RESNA Position of Wheelchairs Used as Seats in Motor Vehicles
- Application of Ultralight Manual Wheelchairs
- Application of Wheelchairs, Seating Systems and Secondary Supports for Positioning vs. Restraint
- The Application of Seat Elevating Devices
- The Application of Pediatric Power
- RESNA Position Paper on Evacuation Chairs
RESNA Service Provision Guide
Helpful Forms, Charts, and other downloads
- Download Travel Tag
- Wheelchair and Seating Evaluation Form – Fillable Version – created by Jill Sparacio and Jessica Pedersen (2007, 2014, 2018)
- PANNICULUS MEASUREMENTS
- ADDITIONAL MEASUREMENTS FOR BARIATRIC CLIENTS