Certain individuals and groups who have contributed to the advancement of CRT through leadership, advocacy or distinguished service stand out in our minds! The NRRTS Board of Directors wants to give you an opportunity to recognize CRT Industry Leaders for their dedication and hard work.
Nominations are being accepted for the categories listed below. Nominations must be emailed by midnight, February 28, 2019, to email@example.com. A select committee will determine the recipients. Awards will be presented at the 2019 International Seating Symposium in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
Nominee can be a group, association, company or agency Letter of nomination should include details of significant advancement of NRRTS Describe the professional and/or clinical impact on service delivery of Rehab Technology
Distinguished Service Award
Nominee must be a NRRTS Registrant or FON for a minimum of three years
The letter of nomination must detail the distinguished service to NRRTS, accomplishments and impact of participation to further NRRTS’ mission.
Consumer Advocate of the Year
The nominee must be an active CRT advocate
The letter of nomination must detail the activities of advocacy, extraordinary accomplishments and impact of setting advocacy example.
Simon Margolis Fellow
Simon Margolis Fellow Award NRRTS Fellow Awards recognize members who have made long standing and significant contributions to NRRTS, the CRT profession, and the seating and wheeled mobility community as a whole.
The nominee must have been a NRRTS member for at least 10 years and possess the CRTS credential.
The nominee must have significant and extraordinary contribution to the mission of NRRTS, the field of CRT and the profession of the CRTS in area’s such as:
- Legislation and Public Policy
- Communication and public awareness
- Clinical Practice
- Education and teaching
- Professional presentations at national conferences
- Manufacturing and product development
- Service provision
The nominee must have also made significant contributions to NRRTS through leadership activities such as:
- * Member of the Board of Directors
- * Executive or Associate Director
- * Webinar instructor
- * VolunteerismThe nomination must include a cover letter from the nominator outlining why the nominee is deserving of the Fellow Award, the nominee’s resume’, and at least two letters of support from NRRTS members. The cover letter and the letters of support must document the nominee’s qualifications of leadership and extraordinary accomplishments in the field of CRT. The nomination must describe, in detail, the nominee’s contribution and the significance of the impact on the profession. This award is named after Simon Margolis who set a high standard for dedication and involvement in the provision of Complex Rehab Technology. He was passionate about the people who rely on CRT. Consumer protection was his motivation for creating NRRTS. This highest of NRRTS’ awards is given in his memory.