Each year, NRRTS’ Board of Directors awards individuals and groups who have contributed to the advancement of CRT through leadership, advocacy or distinguished service. The NRRTS Board of Directors wants to give you an opportunity to recognize CRT Industry Leaders for their dedication and hard work in the categories listed below.
Nominations must be received by Friday, March 17, 2023. Email your nominations to Weesie Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee will determine the recipients from your nominations.
Awards will be presented at the 2023 International Seating Symposium in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Nominee can be a group, association, company, or agency
- Letter of nomination should
- Include details of significant advancement of NRRTS
- Describe the professional and/or clinical impact on service delivery of Rehab Technology
Distinguished Service Award
- Nominee must be a NRRTS Registrant or FON for a minimum of three years
- The letter of nomination must detail the distinguished service to NRRTS, accomplishments and impact of participation to further NRRTS’ mission.
Consumer Advocate of the Year
- The nominee must be an active CRT advocate
- The letter of nomination must detail the activities of advocacy, extraordinary accomplishments, and impact of setting advocacy example
Simon Margolis Fellow
The Simon Margolis Fellow Award recognizes Registrants who have made long standing and significant contributions to NRRTS, the CRT profession, and the seating and wheeled mobility community.
The nominee must have been a NRRTS Registrant for at least 10 years and possess the CRTS credential.
The nominee must have significant and extraordinary contribution to the mission of NRRTS, the field of CRT and the profession of the CRTS in areas such as:
- Legislation and Public Policy
- Communication and public awareness
- Clinical Practice
- Education and teaching
- Professional presentations at national conferences
- Manufacturing and product development
- Service provision
- The nominee must have also made significant contributions to NRRTS through leadership activities such as:
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Executive or Associate Director
- Webinar instructor
- The nomination must include a cover letter from the nominator outlining why the nominee is deserving of the simon Margolis Fellow Award including the nominee’s resume’, and at least two letters of support from NRRTS members.
- The cover letter and the letters of support must document the nominee’s qualifications of leadership and extraordinary accomplishments in the field of CRT.
- The nomination must describe, in detail, the nominee’s contribution and the significance of the impact on the profession.
This award is named after Simon Margolis who set a high standard for dedication and involvement in the provision of Complex Rehab Technology. He was passionate about the people who rely on CRT. Consumer protection was his motivation for creating NRRTS. This highest of NRRTS’ awards is given in his memory.