This page is designed to provide helpful downloadable documents to members of the Complex Rehab Technology community.
RESNA Position Papers
The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) has published a series of Position Papers which presents evidence, the consensus of experts, and summarizes current research and best practice trends. The purpose of the Position Papers is for Evidence-based documentation.
- The Application of Tilt, Recline and Elevating Legrests for Wheelchairs – Revised Version
- The Application of Wheelchair Standing Devices
- RESNA Position of Wheelchairs Used as Seats in Motor Vehicles
- Application of Ultralight Manual Wheelchairs
- Application of Wheelchairs, Seating Systems and Secondary Supports for Positioning vs. Restraint
- The Application of Seat Elevating Devices
- The Application of Pediatric Power
- RESNA Position Paper on Evacuation Chairs
RESNA Service Provision Guide
Wheelchair and Seating Evaluation Form – Fillable Version – created by Jill Sparacio and Jessica Pedersen (2007, 2014, 2018)